2012-12-03 General Assembly03 Dec 2012
IGSN e.V General Assembly 2012
03 December 2012, 7-8a Marriott Foothill F, San Francisco
Present: Jens Klump, Kerstin Lehnert, Anders Noren, Cathy Constable, Anthony Koppers, Lesley Wyborn, Barbara Ransom, Lulin Song, Michael Piasecki, Dirk Fleischer, Lee Allison, Leslie Hsu
- Opening and Welcome
- Appointment of the meeting chairperson
- Appointment of the minute taker
- Establishment of the quorum
- Approval of the agenda
- Report by the members of the executive board and discussion
- Progress of IGSN e.V. Registration
- National Data Repositories Discussion (L. Allison provided link to presentations: http://www.energistics.org/calendar/2012/10/21/ndr11 )
- New applications for IGSN
- Budget proposal for 2013 and discussion
- Appointment of the electoral officer
- Election of the members of the executive board
- Election of the annual accounts auditor
- Discussion of Associate Members
- Definition of and Procedure for establishing Allocating Agents
- Informal Discussion
The official notes are attached here as a separate document.
- Work towards developing the standard for IGSN that technical developers can use, establish IGSN as a geoscience standard. (more discussion in next telecon)
- In the next telecon, include discussion on how to include Affilliate/Associate members.
- Document the duties and guidelines of the Allocating Agent, with literature references. (Establish a small working group and then present the results at a telecon. An in person meeting is possible in February in Washington D.C.).
- Jens Klump will ask DataCite how they deal with the journal publishers as members.
- All agreed that there should be a staggered rotation in the executive board.